National data center
From Simson GarfinkelJump to navigationJump to search
Learn more about the National Data Center proposal of 1965:
- First proposed by the Social Science Research Council as a Federal Data Center. See pp. 71-75 of Legislating Privacy: Technology, Social Values, and Public Policy By Priscilla M. Regan.
- See also pp. 313, "Databanks," in Ben Franklin's Web Site: Privacy and Curiosity from Plymouth Rock to the Internet, by Robert Ellis Smith.
- Privacy and Efficient Government: Proposals for a National Data Center, Harvard Law Review, Vol. 82, No. 2 (Dec., 1968), pp. 400-417
- Statistical Dèjá Vu: The National Data Center Proposal of 1965 and Its Descendants, Rebecca Kraus, U.S. Census Bureau Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality, Volume 5, Issue 1, 2013.
- The Idea of a National Data Center and the Issue of Personal Privacy, Edgar S. Dunn Jr., Pages 21-27 | Published online: 05 Apr 2012
- Discussed in chapter 1 of Database Nation.