Core skills you want to learn:
- HTML --- the language in which pages are authored
- CSS - Cascading Style Sheets. How to make web pages pretty.
And if you are looking for playing around with hardware, you might check out CircuitPython.
Selected Blog Posts and Fun Tools
- Datatables (This is the one that I'm using)
- Tabulator (This is a little easier to use)
Especially Laplace distributions...
- http://jsfiddle.net/KkDVr/2/ - Noise generation, showing on a canvas
- http://jsfiddle.net/Xotic750/DXXhs/ — Gaussian distribution
Comments on how random numbers work in web browsers: