From Simson Garfinkel
Eclipse vs. NetBeans
I really like the GUI builder in NetBeans, but have stopped using it because:
- The code isn't portable (it uses classes that are only in Java 1.6, not in Java 1.5)
- I don't like the callback structure it creates.
- Everybody else uses Eclipse.
To use Eclipse:
- Download Eclipse from http://eclipse.org/
- Add the Subversion plug-in following the instructions. Currently you do this by adding the software provider url http://subclipse.tigris.org/update_1.4.x.