Differential Privacy Research Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thoughts on a differential privacy research agenda:
- Anonymous set intersection made differentially private.
- Practical applications for DP secure multiparty computations.
- Tools for deciding on the privacy/accuracy tradeoff
- Tools for building DP models
- Approaches for analyzing programs that provide DP. Analyzing programs that implement randomized algorithms is hard: how do you find bugs?
- More mechanisms.
- DP for text, or a new theory for text de-identification.
- DP theories that provide empirical privacy loss measures by taking into account background information. Would this produce different mechanisms? COuld these mechanisms offer more accuracy without a practical impacts on privacy loss?
- Improved methods for teaching differential privacy.
- Integrating the concepts of differential privacy into the high school curriculum.
- DP theories that take into account computational complexity or numeric precision, so that we can release more aggregate data and know that we aren't impacting privacy loss of individuals.