Chocolate Mousse for Sonia
From Simson GarfinkelJump to navigationJump to search
My daughter Sonia's favorite mousse recipe:
- 9 oz semi-sweet German chocolate
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- .5 pint whipping cream.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler (if possible).
- Beat egg whites, adding sugar gradually.
- When firm but not dry, add melted chocolate (cooled) alternatively with egg yolks.
- Beat the cream in a seperate bowl, again until firm, and fold into egg whites. Whip slightly.
- Refridgerate. Add almond extract, orange extract, or rum for flavor.