White Milk Loaf
From Simson GarfinkelJump to navigationJump to search
This is a basic white bread with milk and butter in it. I make it during the week as an alternative to Friday Night's Challah. It's easy to make, tastes great, and works well in a loaf.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 10 ml salt
- 20 ml sugar
- 5 ml pepper
- 4-5 cups flour
- Melt butter in microwave with water.
- Add milk and yeast. Wait 20 min for yeast to proof.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar & mix
- Add flour & kneed 5 minutes
- Wait 45 minutes for the first rise.
- Bang down and put in a loaf pan.
- Wait 45 minutes for second rise.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375 F.
- Rolls need 26 minutes, not 30.