From Simson GarfinkelJump to navigationJump to search
Some teaching references:
- [http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/chemistry/5-95j-teaching-college-level-science-and-engineering-fall-2012/assignments/MIT5_95JF12_PitfallGuidlne.pdf Some Guidelines for Handling
Problems, Pitfalls, Booby Traps, and Surprises (in Teaching)], Orientation Workshop for New Faculty and Graduate Teaching Staff, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, September 1994. (Revised August 2005)
- [https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/3325664.pdf Never Use a Red Pen," And Other Maxims for Reflective Teaching," JM Schuster, 1998
- Teaching Tips: Six Common Non-Facilitating Teaching Behaviors, Sondra M. Napell, University of California, Berkeley. Reprinted from “Contemporary Education,” published by the School of Education, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, Indiana. Vol. XLVII, No. 2, Winter, 1976.
- 10 Steps to becoming a Great Teacher, Joel, Teaching Community.
- The First Day, John Kaag, Chronicle of Higher Education, December 11, 2012.
- Day 1 of the Semester, Rob Jenkins, Chronicle of Higher Education, July 30, 2012
- And on the Last Day of Class, We'll Play Games, Andrew Cuff, Chronicle of Higher Education January 18, 2016.
- Small Changes in Teaching: The First 5 Minutes of Class, James M. Lang, Chronicle of Higher Education, January 11, 2016
- Dear Forums...: What do you do on the First Day of Class?, Vitae, July 31, 2015.
- The Torch or the Firehose: A Guide to Section Teaching, Arthur P. Mattock, MIT Teaching and Learning Laboratory.
- Managing Your Academic Career: Strategies for Success, D. Royce Sadler