DATS 6450 — Data Science Ethics
From Simson GarfinkelJump to navigationJump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Fall 2020 Course Materials:
Here are some additional course sources that may prove useful
Ethical Framework Sources
- ACM Code of Ethics
- IEEE Code of Ethics
- IEEE Ethically Aligned Design, First Edition, "The most comprehensive, crowd-sourced, global treatise regarding the ethics of autonomous and intelligent systems available today."
- USACM Statement on Algorithmic Transparency and Accountability, January 12, 2017
- US National Privacy Research Strategy, June 2016
Questions for thought
What should be the data science oath?
Assignment 1 - The Wikipedia Assignment
Assignment 4- Word Embeddings
- Debaiaswe - instructor's fork
- Learning Gender-Neutral Word Embeddings, Jieyu Zhao, Yichao Zhou Zeyu Li Wei Wang Kai-Wei Chang, Proceedings of the 2018 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, pages 4847–4853 Brussels, Belgium, October 31 - November 4, 2018.
- Man is to Computer Programmer as Woman is to Homemaker? Debiasing Word Embeddings,
- Removing gender bias from algorithms, The Conversation, James Zou, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Data Science, Stanford University,
- Against Human Exceptionalism: Environmental Ethics and the Machine Question, Migle Laukyte, Springer International Publishing
- Crash: how computers are setting us up for disaster, Tim Harford, The Guardian.
- Ten simple rules for responsible big data research, Matthew Zook , Solon Barocas, danah boyd, Kate Crawford, Emily Keller, Seeta Peña Gangadharan, Alyssa Goodman, Rachelle Hollander, Barbara A. Koenig, Jacob Metcalf, Arvind Narayanan, Alondra Nelson, Frank Pasquale, March 30, 2017