DATS 6450 — Data Science Ethics
From Simson GarfinkelJump to navigationJump to search
Fall 2020 Course Materials:
Here are some additional course sources that may prove useful
Ethical Framework Sources
- ACM Code of Ethics
- IEEE Code of Ethics
- IEEE Ethically Aligned Design, First Edition, "The most comprehensive, crowd-sourced, global treatise regarding the ethics of autonomous and intelligent systems available today."
- USACM Statement on Algorithmic Transparency and Accountability, January 12, 2017
- US National Privacy Research Strategy, June 2016
Questions for thought
What should be the data science oath?
Assignment 1 - The Wikipedia Assignment
Assignment 4- Word Embeddings
- Debaiaswe - instructor's fork
- Learning Gender-Neutral Word Embeddings, Jieyu Zhao, Yichao Zhou Zeyu Li Wei Wang Kai-Wei Chang, Proceedings of the 2018 Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing, pages 4847–4853 Brussels, Belgium, October 31 - November 4, 2018.
- Man is to Computer Programmer as Woman is to Homemaker? Debiasing Word Embeddings,
- Removing gender bias from algorithms, The Conversation, James Zou, Assistant Professor of Biomedical Data Science, Stanford University,
- Against Human Exceptionalism: Environmental Ethics and the Machine Question, Migle Laukyte, Springer International Publishing
- Crash: how computers are setting us up for disaster, Tim Harford, The Guardian.
- Ten simple rules for responsible big data research, Matthew Zook , Solon Barocas, danah boyd, Kate Crawford, Emily Keller, Seeta Peña Gangadharan, Alyssa Goodman, Rachelle Hollander, Barbara A. Koenig, Jacob Metcalf, Arvind Narayanan, Alondra Nelson, Frank Pasquale, March 30, 2017